I am back with another video tutorial on using Azure’s multi-model database service, Cosmos DB.
Azure Cosmos DB was built from the ground up with global distribution and horizontal scale at its core. It offers turnkey global distribution across any number of Azure regions by transparently scaling and replicating your data wherever your users are. Elastically scale your writes and reads all around the globe, and pay only for what you need. Azure Cosmos DB provides native support for NoSQL and OSS APIs including MongoDB, Cassandra, Gremlin and SQL, offers multiple well-defined consistency models, guarantees single-digit-millisecond read and write latencies at the 99th percentile, and guarantees 99.999 high availability with multi-homing anywhere in the world—all backed by industry-leading, comprehensive service level agreements (SLAs).
Rather than running a NoSQL cluster option on your own, choose a managed platform like Cosmos DB! You’ll be able to scale globally without having to configure servers on your own! Let’s look at all the features in Cosmos:
- Turnkey Global Distribution – store your data across the globe!
- Limitless and elastic scalability of writes and reads – including horizontal partitioning and pay-for-what-you-need throughput and storage.
- Well-defined consistency choices – the multi-master protocol in Cosmos DB offers five consistency choices for your data: strong, bounded staleness, consistent-prefix, session, and eventual.
- Enterprise-grade performance and security – tested and proven with 99.999% availability, SSL, Firewall and more.
- Multi-model with native support for NoSQL APIs – use MongoDB, Cassandra and more.
In today’s video you’ll learn how to start using the service right away. We’ll review the different code tutorials available in the Azure Docs for Cosmos as well as look at the options on how to connect to your database deployment once provisioned.
You can start working with Microsoft Azure immediately using the $200 in free credit to follow along with me. Thanks for reading and enjoy the video!